Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I was feeling an urge to contact Cassi's foster family in China and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving and I received a wonderful surprise. They are unable to read our blog in China because it is blocked and they had asked me to keep them informed on how things are progressing. I had not updated them since September 30, so I emailed them on Tuesday night. Lori, the foster mom, responded by telling me that two of her children, daughter, age 19 and son, age 15, had visited with Cassi at the orphanage the day before she received my email. They were within one hour travelling distance and decided to stop in and check on Cassi and 3 others they had fostered in the past. They had a really good visit with her and she didn't want the son to put her down. I had been told in previous information on the foster family that Cassi had a bond with the older sons and because of that, I am hoping she will bond quickly with Issac. Lori said that because of the way Cassi was with her son, she should be quite ready to bond with Issac. I was so thankful to hear this wonderful news!!! She continued to tell me how sweet Cassi was. When I pulled the email up, Issac was sitting at the computer reading it with me and the look on his face was priceless.

I am so thankful Richie and I have finally, after years of being unsure of where God was leading us, started down this path. We can feel His hand leading and we hope that we will do exactly what He wants, when He wants. As I have said before, me sharing our journey does not stop with that. I am hoping there is someone reading this blog who will listen and follow God's leading in their lives.

Don't forget to give thanks during this season and remember the reason we have this special time of year. "Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms."