Monday, October 1, 2007

Just an update...

On Friday we had our fingerprint appointment with immigration and our last bit of bloodwork needed for the medical report that is part of our dossier. Today we received Richie's passport that we had sent for correction (the first had his name spelled incorrectly). Now we just wait some more.

We had a great weekend with family and friends. Friday night we went to the local high school football game (my neice is a cheerleader). Saturday we just stayed around the house and then after church on Sunday, my family went out for my brother's birthday. There were 17 of us, including my 86 year old grandmother, at a Japanese steakhouse. She had never been before and that was definitely an experience she won't forget soon. She really seemed to enjoy it.

We have a large extended family and all of them are counting the days until we bring Cassi home. We have a lot of love to give to this little girl. I went to my sister's house for dinner tonight and Cassi's picture is hanging on her refrigerator door. I asked her why her face looks so dirty and she said because that is where my 2 year old nephew has been kissing her. Our other nieces and nephews are carrying her picture in there purses and wallets everywhere they go and can't wait to get there hands on her.

I know God is preparing her for her forever family. I feel a peace and comfort in knowing she is in His hands. Please continue to pray for us as we prepare the needed documents. I don't want her to have to wait any longer than necessary for her family to come after her.

Sending a special prayer to Cassi tonight....