Sunday, October 7, 2007

"Be anxious for nothing,...

but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be make known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phillippians 4:6-7.

I have to admit this past week I have been a little anxious, but this scripture has spoken to me in a very special way. Nothing is in our control. God does and will continue to control all things related to this adoption process. This is a stressful process and anyone who says that adoption is the easy way, has never experienced it.

With Issac, I held him in my arms, but had the anxiety of possibly someone deciding they made the wrong decision and wanting him back. With Cassi, I look at pictures of her but can't touch and hold her, but know that the Chinese government must approve us to be her parents. This is a roller coaster ride that we are on and we need your prayers. God has been so visible to us through this time. He continues to speak to us through people and circumstances. There is a song that has been spoken to us by three different individuals who know nothing of our past and limited information about our present, but they have had the same message. "Joy comes in the morning." I'm waiting for my joy.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers. In my Bible, concerning the scripture above, it states "supplication is more than petitioning God. It is fully transferring the burden of one's soul into God's hands. Prayer and peace are closely connected." Our prayers are for our "Peace."