Saturday, January 26, 2008

Waiting.....

We are still waiting on some news about Salem's family getting their PreApproval. Hopefully they will have it in the next couple of weeks. If not, it may be the end of February or first of March before they receive it since the Chinese New Year is celebrated in February and the CCAA shuts down for a couple of weeks.

We have been researching and discussing our options concerning foreign adoption. We need to make some decisions and from the information we have received from four countries, do not feel we should proceed with any of them. They are very risky programs, dealing with new countries, and because of our past losses, we are not ready for such a big risk. I want to proceed only when God prompts, and right now, we feel we need to just wait and see. For what, I don't know, just wait.

This past month has been difficult. My emotions have been everywhere - sad, angry, depressed, lost, hurt, fine, anxious, you name it, I've probably been there. I've questioned everything that happened during this adoption process and there have been times that my human mind has wanted to just chalk it up to coincidence, but I believe very strongly things happen for a reason. I am trying to find the reasoning in it all, but I can't see the big picture. Some day I hope to look back and see how all things have come together perfectly, but looking ahead, I don't see it yet. I have faith that someday I will. I never want to waiver in my faith of what God can and will do and that He has our best interests at heart. We have a room in our home and love in our hearts to share with another child that needs it if that is God's will.

I hope to be able to share with you soon the news of Salem's family. It's still hard to think she will not be in our home, but this journey was not about us. It was about her finding a family, and I pray that will be very soon.