Saturday, January 12, 2008

Salem has been matched...placement pending

Those are the words next to Salem's name now. Immediately after our news was shared with the adoption community, there were many inquiries concerning her future. Many couples looking to adopt were inquiring about her and her status. There is a family that is completing the preliminary paperwork in order to receive the Pre-Approval from China. They meet all the requirements according to the interpreted regulations of the CCAA, and should receive the Pre-Approval in the next 4-6 weeks. Salem's status could change anyday to "Salem has found her family." I am very thankful that someone stepped up quickly and has chosen to make her a permanent part of their family. She will be a blessing to any family she joins and I hope she will be blessed with a wonderful family.

This is a bittersweet situation. It's very hard for my simple mind to process the complex ways of God, but I have to believe He has all things ordered and in His time. When we received the news two weeks ago, I immediately asked God "Why?" I felt so strongly that I had followed His leading. Where did I go wrong? Why is this happening to us again? I blamed myself because I had put my husband, son and family through this horrible whirlwind of emotions. Some say we should never question God. But God knows me. He created me. He knows how I react and hurt. He also knew when we started this process, what the outcome would be. If my earthly father led me into a hurtful situation, I would question him as to why he did it. He might give me an answer that I wouldn't understand as a child, but he did it because he knows best. To me, that's the same way with God, our Heavenly Father. I have asked and I don't have an answer. This week, someone told me instead of asking "Why?" ask "What...do you want me to learn from this?" and "Where do you want me to go from here?" I STILL feel like God lead us to this point. I don't know why, what or where, but we are praying for the answers to those questions. We don't have to have the answers to all of those questions, but some we do need answers to.

Please help us pray for wisdom. We want to continue to follow as God leads, even if we have to face difficult situations. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28.

Also continue to pray for Salem. She is a very special little girl whose life has touched many. I believe God has a special place for her and a ministry through her story. She had a rough start in life and up to this point has found a special place in every heart she has touched. From the workers with Love Without Boundries, to the foster family, to the CHI family and then our family, she has brought many people from various places together. There is a Chinese legend that says when a child is born, an invisible red thread connects that child's soul to all those people, present and future, who will play a part in that child's life. I strongly believe we are connected to her by that red thread. I don't know how and what part of her life we may play, but she has definitely played a very important part in our life.

Sending lots of love and prayers to Salem and her forever family.