Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Well, we enjoyed another Labor Day weekend at my parent's house. We started a tradition of camping out with the little ones in the yard between my parent's and aunt and uncle's houses about ten years ago. Some years we have large crowds with extended family and friends and some years there are just a handful of us there. Either way, we always have a great time!

This year, we had some family members that couldn't make it due to illnesses, but we still had between 35-40 people. We had lots of baby time there because my sister and brother both have babies under eight months old. Everyone there knew about our little Cassi before we gathered, but I got to share our testimony of how God led us to her with several people.

Before going to my parent's house, we visited with my husband's family. His sister just had a new baby the previous week and we had not seen him since the night he was born. She brought him to Richie's moms and we had some baby time there, too. They are all excited about Cassi and had lots of questions. I was glad to share the story with them as well.

We are hoping to get our package from our placing agency tomorrow. It has some very important paperwork we can't wait to get started on. The sooner we get everything completed, the sooner we can bring Cassi home. It's hard not to wish your life away when you are waiting for a such a special event, but I want to live each day to it's fullest. We have so much to get ready to bring our little girl home. Please help us pray for a speedy paperchase.